Who am I?
I am a Venture Capitalist and an Entrepreneur from Jordan, focusing on internet and mobile ventures.
- Kauffman Fellow (Class 17), Palo Alto, California.
- Member of Endeavor Global Investor Network
- Board member and advisor in several web and mobile web startups in Dubai, Riyadh, Amman and Cairo
- Member of the VC Task Force at the MENA Private Equity Association
- Attended the Private Equity and Venture Capital Executive Training Program at Harvard Business School, Boston.
- Judge and Mentor at MIT Arab Startup Competition, Queen Rania National Entrepreneurship Competition (QRNEC), Startup Weekend (Amman, Cairo, Riyadh), ArabNet Startup Demo, Zajil Award for Arab Web Startups, Creative Business Cup (CBC), Seed Startup Accelerator, iPark Incubator in Jordan, and several Startup Weekend Bootcamps.
- Won the MIT Arab Business Plan competition in 2009, and Queen Rania National Entrepreneurship Competition (QRNEC) 2006.
- VC Blogger on: http://VCpreneur.com
- Received an MBA from New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), and a B.Sc. degree in electronics engineering from Princess Sumaya University of Technology (PUST).
From time to time, I provide seminars for entrepreneurs on: Business Planning, Raising Capital, Finding the Right Investors, and VC Term Sheets.
My LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vcpreneur
My Twitter Account: http://twitter.com/VCpreneur
My AngelList Profile: http://angel.co/vcpreneur
What do I mean by “A VCpreneur”?
For me, a VCpreneur is a venture capitalist who takes the risk of managing a seed/early stage venture fund. This includes taking more risks and accepting more challenges to work with entrepreneurs as a partner or even a co-founder and take their ideas and startups to the next level.
Well, it is more explained in this blog post: Fostering VCpreneurship!
What is my contribution in this world?
This is a long story, here are my thoughts about this: http://vcpreneur.com/2013/08/my-contribution-in-this-world-2/
Where am I from?
Well, I am a Muslim, a Jordanian-Palestinian, born in Amman, Jordan, lived the first 10 years of my life in Kuwait, and then my family moved back to Jordan, where I currently live. I also lived in Germany, UAE and KSA for several months of my life as part of different jobs I had.
I have visited more than 40 cities in 12 countries around the world, but never had the honor to visit my original town: Beit Fajjar, Palestine!